« Home | Like I Was Fucking Lord Byron And Shit » | Dance, Dance » | Churchilled » | A Price To Pay » | Sell Control for Life's Speed » | Shit-Puke » | Blow... » | Here Nor There » | An Heir To The Throne » | The Female Brain » 

9/02/2006 

The Official Volume 3

"The best CD ever made"- Dennis "theodore" Maines.
"Oh that CD kicks so much ass"- Some random dude.
"Its not just a collection of songs, its a collection of feeling"- Me


What CD is it that drew such rave reviews you might be asking? Well let me tell you. It was the Teddy Mega Mix; a mix CD that I created back around 2002. Me n the fellas had this big outing to Canada planned, this back when we actually hung out with hot single girls. It was decided that for the ride, we needed a bad-ass CD to get everyone in the mood. Being that at the time I had all the good tunes and my own computer, I was commissioned to create said CD.

First, some history. The original Teddy Mega Mix contained 19 tracks, borrowing heavily from upbeat rock and punk influences then settled down nicely toward the end with slower epic jams. Track listing as follows:

1. Sum 41- Nothing on my back
2. Blink 182- Going Away to College
3. Incubus- Circles
4. Jimmy eat World- Bleed American
5. Simple Plan- I'd do anything
6. Sum 41- Handle This
7. Matthew Good Band- Under the Influence
8. Jimmy Eat World- A praise chorus
9. Matthew Good Band- The future is x-rated
10. Sum 41- Summer
11. Weezer- Holiday
12. Matthew Good Band- Look happy, its the end of the world
13. Blink 182- Dammit (live)
14. Matthew Good Band- Strange Days
15. Box Car Racer- Cat Like Thief
16. Matthew Good Band- Fated
17. Blink 182- What went wrong
18. Box Car Racer- There is
19. Matthew Good Band- Running for home

Looking back I notice some flaws: too many songs from the same artist and even a sketchy song or two. But at the time that mix was as solid as any mix before or since. In wake of its popularity there was acually two more volumes issued. "Volume 2" was an unofficial mix created by teddy. I felt it only right to let the man whom the original cd was named after have a crack at making his own mix. It met with less than good reviews so I was rushed into putting out a third official mix which was dubbed "Volume 3,"(which is technically only Volume 2 officially). Both of those failed to match the popularity and success of the original and as a result the franchise was shelved... Until now.

With Teddy having a birthday a couple weeks ago and measuring the extent to which our friendship has grown over this summer I thought it might be nice to dust off the good name of the Teddy Mega Mix collection. Bear agreed. To this end I have labored for the past several weeks in creating a mix cd worthy enough of its original predecessor.

Vision: When creating a mix cd there is a constant struggle to balance new material with old favorites, while keeping a uniform vibe over the course of the disc. My patented formula for mix cds is as follows: start the disc off strong and fast and rock out, then slow it way down for the last 4 songs or so (usually drunk car ride home time).

So, in keeping with my ideals for mix cd(and with a song suggestion from bear) , the official Teddy Mega Mix volume 3 has been deemed ready for public consumption. It contains songs and artists you will recognize and some you probably will not. It does however, flow together flawlessly and should last for quite some time. I added a new wrinkle to my usual mix, a single bonus track after the slow finale just for kicks. Track listing as follows:

1. The Minatures- Any Day Now
2. The Trews- Ana & Mia
3. Sloan- She Says What She Means
4. Pilate- Into Your Hideout
5. Big Wreck- That Song
6. 54-40- Baby Ran (live)
7. Lustra- Scotty Doesn't Know
8. Fall Out Boy- Dance, Dance
9. Sloan- Iggy and Angus
10. Jane's Addiction- Superhero
11. Pilate- Ambulance
12. Sam Roberts- On The Run
13. Hurst- Tin Cup
14. Thornley- Found Another Way
15. The Trews- Not Ready To Go
16. Angels and Airwaves- Start The Machine
17. Matthew Good Band- Born To Kill
18. The Trews- I Can't Say
19. The Decemberists- Sons and Daughters
20. Pilate- Into The West
21. The Beatles- Love Me Do**(Bonus Track)

This mix is available for download in my shared folder, it'll be right there when you access my folder. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. I tried to mix it up as best possible but in the end, i had to use more than one track from a few bands, namely sloan, the trews and pilate just because they're so good and they get a lot of play in my normal rotation.