« Home | The Female Brain » | Half Assed But Whole Hearted » | World Cup Of Gay » | A Tablespoon Of Cinnamon... » | Midgets on the Job » | Life As A Rookie » | Fiercely Co-Dependent » | Ted Nugent » | Sup? » | Top 5 Rape List » 

7/12/2006 

An Heir To The Throne

I'll admit that I don't watch a ton of TV. In the past I've even gone so far as to post about how bad TV is and even single out exceptionally bad shows. One show that I love however is Seinfeld. I'll also admit that I didn't even begin to watch Seinfeld until after the series had ended. Since I started watching it though I have come to realize that it was/is the best non-animated show that TV has ever seen. 9 wondrous seasons with episodes generally about nothing or about everyday common occurrences. What made the show so special was the cast. Never before had 4 people gelled so well together on screen and complimented each other. Seinfeld has been "off the air" since 1998, though you can catch re-runs at least 3 times a day everyday. It's still the best show on TV despite the fact there hasn't been a new episode in 8 years. Until now.

I first saw Entourage over at Cake's house while playing poker one night. I was immediatly drawn in by the commedy and the cast. Like Seinfeld, it features a tight knit cast that just sparkels on screen. The main difference is that Entourage has a clear plot line. Also its on HBO, which allows it to be naughty. So after 8 years I think its safe to say that we have a new champion in the "sitcom" world. Entourage is now in its 3rd season and is only getting stronger. Heres hoping it has a long run because its an excellent show that deserves some long term success.