« Home | Smokin Aces » | Alright » | Chapter 2: Regroup » | Chapter 1: Discovery » | Halo: Retribution » | Pre-amble » | Shaken, Not Stirred » | Editorial » | The Stationary Accident » | Mrrrrr » 

1/17/2007 

Watch This

So lastnight around midnight, I'm laying in bed watching some TV trying to sleep. There's nothing on so I hit the guide and jet up to the HBO's to see if there's any movie on I can doze off to. Again, nothing remotely interesting on. Then I see something intreguing; some National Lampoon joint "Going the Distance." So I bite. National Lampoon movies are usually decent flicks with some lol's and possibly some boobies. So I'm watching for about 15 minutes and there's some bar scene and I hear The Trews playing in the backgroud. I'm like, nice. (Note: the movie is worth seeing.)

Long story short, because this post isn't about the movie, it's a Canadian film, featuring lots of Canadian music (which we all know is my bag,) and in the course of the movie, the kids meet these dudes at a Montreal strip club called
Swollen Members. They happen to have a performance scene at the Much Music Video Awards. Low and behold they're a hip-hip group.

Now I've gone on record many times with my loathing of rap and all things rap-ish. But the song in the movie was hilarious and catchy as fuck. So this morning I went about downloading 4 of their cd's. Maybe it's because they hail from Vancouver. Maybe it's because they're a 3 man outfit featuring 2 white guys and only 1 half-black guy. Maybe it's because I first saw them in a movie. I don't know. But I do know this, I'm hooked.

Since blogger has no audio player support and I don't do myspace, you'll have to settle for another youtube clip. The music video of the song I heard in the movie. The vid isn't anything special, but the song is amazing. Called "Watch This." I have all their stuff in my shared folder if anyone is more curious.